We have Great speakers coming this year to our conference. Here is a spotlight on one of them.
Mark Henderson is the lead engineer at No Pilots, No Demos (http://npnd.com), which is a software consultancy focusing on the web, mobile, and internet of things. One of their flagship clients is Water Hero (http://waterheroinc.com) which was just accepted into San Francisco’s prestigious Plug and Play accelerator program.
Mark is also a husband, father of two, and owner of one smelly cat.
Mark will be speaking on: Developing for the Internet of Things
The Internet of Things (IoT) is a multilayered, complex, and mysterious miasma of wires, packets, and services. This talk aims to de-mystify some of these concepts with a top-to-bottom overview of an IoT architecture.
We will cover:
– Choosing a microprocessor between Arduino, Spark.io, Rasperry Pi, Tessel, etc
– Prototyping and breadboarding
– Building a cloud infrastructure (this part can be PHP!)
– A holistic approach to security
– Options for hardening and shipping your product